Chicken has always been a favorite dish for everybody. It can be cooked in various ways. You can make fried chicken, chicken stew, chicken steak and many other cooking out of it. In Yogya, there is a new restaurant that serves chicken as their signature dish. The restaurant is namely Warung Akam. The chicken served in the restaurant is a non-breed kind (kampong chicken). This kind of chicken has less fat compare to broiler chicken. It means its healthier to be consumed and it has better taste also.
Warung Akam is located in Turangga Sari Street number 1, Condong Catur, Depok sub district, Sleman regency, Yogyakarta.
View Waroeng AKAM in a larger map
What to Eat & Drink
The restaurant serves fried chicken for the main dish. The chicken can be ordered as full chicken or in pieces. One portion of the dish is usually eaten with a plate of rice. It is best combined with chili paste if you like spicy food. The chicken in Warung Akam is crunchy and savory. Although it is a non-breed chicken, the texture is soft and tender inside. Few kinds of chili paste are available. You can choose them by the different level of spiciness. Sambal merah is made of chili and tomato. It is less spicy and suitable for you who can’t stand the burning sensation in the tongue. Meanwhile, sambal bawang is a lot spicier. It is a combination of chili and garlic which will burn your tongue. Feeling too spicy?? You can order various kinds of juices, young coconut or simple ice tea and ice orange.
Food Price & Visitors Info
- The food price ranges from IDR 8,000-70,000
- The restaurant can accommodate up to 150 people.
- Free wifi connection is available.
- The restaurant opens daily from 12 pm-9pm. At Friday, the restaurant will open at 1pm.
- All prices are subject to change without prior notice
How to Get There
- By public transport: Take Trans Jogja line 2A or 2B and get off at Condong Catur bus station (small bus station). Walk to west of the terminal for about 300 meters. The restaurant is on the right side of the road.
- By private vehicles: Departed from Yogya downtown, go northward and pass through Gejayan Street. Keep going until you pass the ring road intersection. Turn left right before the bus station and keep going for about 300 meters.
Disclaimer: Our commitment is to give you information, tips and tour guidelines. However, the maintenance of this website is not cheap. Therefore, if you reserve the hotel, please click the hotel link that is available in this page to help us maintain this website in order to give you more interesting tour guidelines.